Saturday, October 10, 2009

I didn't leave you!

Hey everyone! I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still here!

My darling Boston decided she was going to chew up our internet card. (We use the wireless access card thingy)

It's been a few weeks, I know, but Micah and I decided that instead of replacing the card we would switch to satellite internet. Just waiting on the install on it!

As for my weight loss journey, I haven't picked back up since we lost Marshal. But I have promised all my friends and family that I will be heading to the gym Monday morning.

I had commented on my comments that we brought a new puppy into the family after Marshal passed. Well.. the little guy got sick and passed away on us after only having him for a couple of weeks.

I have the worst luck with dachshunds apparently. We will be bringing another puppy into our family someday, just not any time soon.

Morale is definitely back to normal in our house though. I never realized how attached I was to Marshal until I lost him. For a couple of weeks I kept finding his toys tucked away under various pieces of furniture. Made it tough to get through.

What I never got to mention was the addition of Major to our family though! I adopted a lab mix puppy for Micah for his birthday not three days before Marshal passed. He is an outside dog, very much a man's animal too. He is rough and tumble and loves for Micah to get out in the yard and wrestle with him. I will be getting pictures up asap!

I had mentioned having a hard time before Marshal died, but lord it got worse after. I bogged down into a funk big time. I seem to come back to normal now though. I can think and speak of Marshal fondly now rather than tearing up. There are so many funny stories to tell about him, I'm glad I've got to that point.

Well I have rambled on and on as usual. I am so sorry that I have fallen behind on all of your blogs! I have a lot of reading to catch up on when our internet connection is resumed!

Love you guys!

3 Skinny Talkers:

M October 11, 2009 at 2:59 PM  

Im so happy to hear from you! I was just hoping youd be back.

When my dog passed away, it was awhile before I could speak of her without tearing up. Dont rush the process, if you need to cry, even while in mid conversation, go ahead and cry :)

Cant wait til youre back for good :)

Ellen February 21, 2010 at 11:04 AM  

Just stopping by and want to let you know I enjoyed your blog. Keep up the good work!

InWeighOverMyHead March 8, 2010 at 2:00 PM  

how are you doing?

- Lisa
http://inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com/

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP