Monday, August 24, 2009

Goodbye, my little ninja.

This is a horribly difficult post to make. We lost out little man this weekend.

Marshal was a complete joy to have. I am so thankful to have had him for this year and a half that we have. He was hilarious, and affectionate. He was my little warrior. There was never a strange person or dog that he felt he could not conquer.



I am going to miss you so much little buddy. I will miss you bringing me your favorite toy of the moment into the bedroom first thing in the morning and dropping it by my face. I will miss your little mischievous growl when you were wrestling with Maddie. Thank you for all the happiness you gave in your short life.

He never knew what happened. He was defending the house from a vehicle coming up our long drive way and never knew that it hit him. I am so thankful it was quick. My little warrior died being the courageous defender he always was.

It will be a few days before I blog again. There are a lot of pictures of my little man on here and it really hurts to look at them.

15 Skinny Talkers:

M August 24, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

OMG, I am so so so sorry! Losing a pet is just so sad, but PLEASE take comfort in the fact that it was quick. My dog died of old age and she suffered a lot and it is one of the biggest regrets I have in life.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Shelley August 24, 2009 at 11:58 AM  

I am so sorry, Katie! Marshall was such a gorgeous pup - I think I told you we had a dachshund and their personalities are so much fun to experience - they do bring so much to our lives. Aw, I'm really sad about this. Poor little guy - and poor you for having to go through it. Hugs to you.

Katie J ♥ August 24, 2009 at 12:58 PM  

Awwww Katie bug.. I am sorry about Marshall. *Hugs* to you

Katie August 24, 2009 at 1:28 PM  

I hope you girls look at these comments again so you will know...

After I wrote this post, I felt the biggest urge to go back to the house of the breeder where we got Marshal.

My next post will be all about the details but I'll leave y'all with this...

I brought home a new puppy :) And he is Marshal's brother.

GoBucksGirl13 August 24, 2009 at 1:37 PM  

I am so sorry about your doggie...it's nice that you now have his brother to look after!

Hadley August 24, 2009 at 3:08 PM  

Oh no! Katie I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. :(

He sounds like a great pup, and I'm so sorry it happened.

Jogging Auburn August 24, 2009 at 3:19 PM  

Oh, Katie, I am so sorry! Dogs are so wonderful ... And I think the nickname "ninja" is sooo cute. I know you are gonna miss him.

We lost our dog Max this summer. Max was my wedding present to Phil, so he's been with us since the beginning. It was like losing a member of the family. I totally feel for you right now.

But, on the other hand, congrats on the new puppy! I have never had a puppy -- Max and Lola were both strays, and we got them when they were already full-grown -- so I hope you will take lots of pictures and let me live through you vicariously and experience the joys of lil' puppy love! :)

InWeighOverMyHead August 24, 2009 at 10:33 PM  

I am sooooo soooo sorry...

M September 5, 2009 at 7:24 PM  

Aww Im glad you got a new dog! I cannot wait to read your next post, I have missed you!

InWeighOverMyHead September 16, 2009 at 8:40 AM  

How have you been doing?

alanna September 21, 2009 at 5:00 PM  

aw hun i am so sad to hear about that!!! i just discovered your blog and i seriously love it - so entertaining to read and you are so honest that it's heartwarming! i tried to download it in case we lose internet so i can read from first entry to last, but for some reason it didn't work...regardless, i'll inevitably be commenting on a ton of your posts, so don't forget to check your old comments!! can't wait to read it all!!

Surge September 21, 2009 at 9:16 PM  

Oh my.. much love sent to you..

Jogging Auburn September 26, 2009 at 8:51 PM  

Katie, I miss you and I wonder how you and your family are doing!

I just thought I'd let you know that I've given you the Honest Scrap award, given to people who are honest and sincere in their blogging. I love your blog and I miss your wonderful posts and comments. So when you get the chance, c'mon over to my blog and pick up your award, girlie! You deserve it!!

Amazon Runner September 28, 2009 at 9:59 AM  

My heart goes out to you. I hate to admit this but I find dogs so much easier to love than people. They are so open about their feelings, so in the moment, so loyal. I could go on.

Anyway, sending hugs and good thoughts your way!

Michelle January 27, 2010 at 9:32 PM  

So sorry for your loss. Pets become like our children anf they leave such a hole when they are gone

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP