Thursday, June 25, 2009

Rumblings in Tumblings

My stomach is growling.

An odd statement to lead off with, but it deserves some attention! It was rare that I ever felt this odd sensation of rumblings in my tumblings. Let me just state that I don't know the best ways or the best foods to lose weight. I know that if my tummy is growling in the morning, then I should eat more fiber in my breakfast. (I just really like my cereal!) But you know what I'm figuring out? It's mind boggling really...

It's okay for my stomach to growl.

Really! It is! You hear that tum tum? Your whining is having no effect on these determined ears! Stomach Growlage is not painful. It actually sort of tickles! And if you are easily amused such as me, you get a little giggle out of the odd noises your stomach can make. I guess there is some little voice in my head born out of biology/instinct/whatever that's telling me it's time to eat... but you can chill right along with my grumbling stomach, Mr. You-Must-Eat voice. You'll get food in two hours, when it's lunch time and time for food.

Subject change. I dont think anyone is reading this, or will read it. Maybe it's a good thing. I think I am more open to a fake audience. But doing this journal has really started to help already. The entire time I am typing a post, I am thinking of all the reasons why I've allowed myself to become over weight. I really think I'm working on some issues here, being my own shrink! Or maybe the keyboard is the shrink. Perhaps the monitor... Either way, it's working.

Today, the thoughts swirling around my head like the clothes in a front load washer are about why I haven't often felt my stomach growl. I always seem to figure out a way to have something to snack on no matter where I am. I think that is the biggest point of my failure, I'm a snacker. Even if I am not hungry! I will even snack after I finish a meal! And it's the worst when I am at home alone. Everytime I pass through the kitchen I nibble on something. That's a habit that I've picked up from my Dad. But no more. The cabinets and fridge remain closed until meal time.

Skipping subjects again, Micah and I went on a fairly long walk/jog last night. I say walk/jog because Micah is in moderate shape and I am in horrible shape, so neither of us could jog -that- long. I know we will need to go much longer in the future, but it's a start. We discussed our exercise plan. Somehow, I heard some crazy woman speaking out of my head saying that we should work out before he goes to work, which would mean getting up at 4:45 am to get in an hour workout before he has to shower for work. I don't know who that crazy woman was, but she is a witch. I'd like to slap her. Especially since Micah was all about it. So it may start Monday morning. Maybe. But, I'm only saying maybe because I'm in denial. You can pretty much bet that Micah will be shaking me awake at 4:40 on Monday morning.

4 Skinny Talkers:

Shelley June 25, 2009 at 11:10 AM  

I like your inner crazy woman...just think, after you exercise you can go back to bed!

Pam June 25, 2009 at 3:11 PM  

I'm reading this and am right there with you! I have to battle my smoking addiction first and then it's time to shed a few pounds. I'm glad I found this and am following. Keep going!

Melanie June 27, 2009 at 10:33 PM  

See people are reading your blog...no more fake audience for you! I loved the part about the crazy inner voice. I hear ya on the one. Good luck as you start your journey & welcome to the blogger world.
I look forward to reading more from you.

alanna September 21, 2009 at 5:27 PM  

wait until you learn to embrace the grumbling! it means that you haven't over eaten recently :) just make sure you don't put off eating for too long or it could lead to a binge. way to go with the walking - anything like that is a great start! try books on tape or something to keep you distracted if you have to walk alone!!

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP