Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Totally Tuesday

Tuesdays have always been my favorite day of the week and I really am not sure why. Maybe because it means that you have gotten past Monday, but there is still all the hope of the week to come. Yet the appeal of Friday cannot be denied, it is the last day of the work week yet the beginning of the weekend. But! I also realize the value of Sunday. Sundays are lazy. I like lazy days. It's the only day I don't feel obligated to accomplish anything except getting up and putting my face on and heading to church. Then there are those wonderful, cuddled down in the bed and snuggled up to the hubby Sunday afternoon nap/dose fests. The best are when you don't actually sleep, you just sort of drift in and out of that sleepy void.

Have you ever taken a step back and thought, "Wow. I'm living in a soap opera right now."? I have. Right now in fact. Though oddly enough, my own little life holds very little drama, it is the drama of everyone I hold nearest and dearest. I am playing the supporting character in this certain phase. I'm certainly okay with a supporting role in the light of all these situations. Got a younger brother who is having a baby with his even younger girlfriend... this anticipation of wedding vows is a no-no in the way the both of us were raised. Nothing you can do about that now except roll with it though. So I'm just going to be excited that I am going to be an aunt! I think my parents are slowly settling into the idea of being grandparents, they just had to adjust to letting their church family know it was an out of wedlock child.

Remember, I live in Alabama, part of the Bible Belt.

Then I have a best friend who has had some serious significant other issues. Cheating and what not. When you care for a friend that much, you feel like you are going through it with them.

Weight Loss: I have been to the gym 2 days in a row! It seems I gained a couple of ounces back over the weekend, but I'm not that worried about it. Though I have decided that I am changing my weigh-in day to Mondays. So I'll wait until Monday to post my next weekly weight. Workouts are getting easier to finish and I'm actually enjoying my gym time.

BTW! I just accidentally figured out that if I hold CTRL and scroll in on my mouse... firefox zooms in! Is that not fantastic? I am probably the last person to realize this, but I was amazed. I zoomed in and out for at least 5 minutes making little "woooOOOO....WOOOoooo" noises.

I hope everyone is enjoying their week! And can you believe I have over 20 followers now? It's awesome. I never thought I'd have over 5 or 6!

I'll dedicate this post's photos to me and my only sibling, who is about to make me an aunt!
Click to see larger image.

7 Skinny Talkers:

Cole Walter Mellon August 4, 2009 at 3:27 PM  

Hey, we totally do think alike.

I'm kinda double p*ssed at you though because (1) you stole my idea and (2) you had the audacity to do it before me.

Jogging Auburn August 4, 2009 at 3:57 PM  

Haha! I totally laughed out loud when I read the thing about scrolling with the mouse! That sounds SO MUCH like something I would do. :) Oh, and if it makes you feel any better, I didn't know that about the zoom in/out either, but then again I don't have firefox. Next time I'm on it I will have to play around with it, complete with noises. :)

Sorry for your family drama, girlie. Just remember stress makes it difficult to lose weight, so try to remain positive!

Congrats on the gym accomplishments and the extra viewers! Keep up your good work!! :D

Katie J ♥ August 4, 2009 at 5:37 PM  

You have followers cuz your cute, charming and your name is Katie :) The enlarge/reduce thingie works with almost every program like Internet Explorer, Firefox. Works awesome doesn't it!

M August 4, 2009 at 5:50 PM  

I dont even know what Firefox is!

Still, isnt it better to be the supporting character in the drama than the main one?

Anonymous August 4, 2009 at 10:30 PM  

I didn't know about it either, but I love it!!!! :D

Hadley August 5, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

You know, I've accidentally done the zoom in/zoom out thing so many times and could never figure out what it was or how I did it. I just thought I'd messed thing up somehow and would close the window.

I'm sorry there's so much drama in your life right now, but congratulations still on becoming an aunt. Even when the circumstances aren't what people are imagined, children still bring such joy into the world.

Way to go on the gym visits! Here's to hoping you can keep the streak alive.

Meg August 5, 2009 at 3:28 PM  

Ha ha, I'm a belated follower. Thought I already was one!
Good work on the gym. I'm off to walk the dogs in the woods.

  © Blogger Template by Emporium Digital 2008

Back to TOP